Council have developed a park user map and brochure, which includes the Non-Motorised Trails, Motorcycle Trails and the Park Activity Zones. Please see below for a link to the Park Map and Brochure and other available maps.
How to get there
Situated off SH36, the main road link between Tauranga and Rotorua, the Park is 29km from Tauranga, 27km from Rotorua and 30km from Te Puke. Recent upgrades of Pyes Pa Road to State Highway status, now known as SH36, has increased accessibility and profile of the Park. The upgrade also makes the Park equi-distant from the urban centres of Tauranga, Rotorua and Te Puke, with Hamilton and Auckland within an easy 2-3 hour’s drive.
From Barkes Corner roundabout in Tauranga, (intersection of SH29 and SH36), heading towards Rotorua, the Park is approximately 26km up Pyes Pa Road (SH36). Turn left into Whataroa Road and 200 metres to the Park Arrival Centre.
GPS Coordinates - S 37° 56.764 E 176° 09.111 UTM: 60H E 425479 N 5799829
- Link to Google Maps.
- Park Map and Brochure - Double sided map including Non-Motorised Trails, Motorcycle Trails and the Park Activity Zones. Printed copies available.
- Access Map of the Park – Map of the Park boundaries, main roads/tracks, facilities and user group staging areas.
- Aerial Map of the Park – Map of the Park boundaries, main roads and land parcel numbers.
- Assembly Points for Evacuation - Map of emergency evacuation sites within the Park.
- Activity Zone Map
- Contour Grid Index Map of the Park - 32 squares representing the Park at 1:2500 scale. Individual squares are available as a paper copy or on CD. Please contact The Park Manager firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone +64 07 571 8008.
- Geographical Location Map - Map of the Park, in relation to the Western Bay of Plenty District and nearby towns.
- Geographical Location Map – Map of the Park, in relation to Tauranga and Pyes Pa Road (SH 36).
- Geographical Location Map – Map of the Park, in relation to Rotorua and Pyes Pa Road (SH 36).